About

Monday, September 20, 2010

My Noise + Silence

Hello Class,

I wanted to share my roll of images. My theme was Noise and it was shot on the Silence roll. I interpreted noise by shooting self portraits in an extremely noisy environment: Lonsdale Quay. Unfortunately there wasn't as many people there on Saturday as I had hoped. Perhaps I should have gone to Granville Island. In any case, I also thought about noise in a non photography aspect and decided to also process push process the film with Caffenol-C that had washing soda which was not completely dissolved.

I pushed the film 3 stops and agitated vigorously during the development process. I wanted the images to have extra grain and the gritty soda to create dots on my film. Worked out just as I planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment